Good morning colleagues,
Yesterday the International Council for Exceptional Children (CEC) professional Organization granted access to their basic membership resources to all educators for free.
CEC is opening its doors to the special education community in need of resources. Please share with Colleagues. Nonmembers of CEC can receive a free basic membership from now through May 31 by using the promotional code “CECED60.” This will give you access to all of CEC’s journal articles, member discounts on events, and access to CEC’s online membership community where you can ask questions and receive support from special educators, administrators and support personnel. Join Now!“
Their practitioner journal is a great resource published 6 times per year. The latest issues includes:
- Exploring if and how a Practice Works in Authentic Settings
- Top 10 Tips for New Special Educators
- Practical Components for Getting the Most From a Token Economy
- Building Collaborative Relationships with Parents
- An Update Primer of Special Education Law
- Assistive Technology for Writing: Technology-Based Graphic Organizers with Embedded Supports
- CEC, DLD, and CASE Support New Resources to Evaluate Students for Specific Learning Disabilities
They also have a call for proposals for the 2021 national conference!
Don’t forget to get those proposals ready:
The call for proposals for CEC in Baltimore 2021 is open. It closes April 30.
Here is the link.
Claudia is the Endowed Joan Wieler Arno 49 Professor at Lasell University. She is currently a full professor of education and chair of the Education Program. Claudia has been a teacher, researcher, consultant, and professor of special education.